
We took a trip to Northern California to visit family and friends. Our main objective was going to the blessing of our dearest friends, the McDermeds, new baby. Courtney and I know know how restless our boys get and don't much like the constant conversation that us girls love to partake in. So, we planned a few activities to keep the boys and the kids busy. We decided to head up into the Sierra Nevadas to Calavaras Big Trees State Park. This is a place that I visited plenty when I was a kid. It is home of the giant Sequoias... and I mean giant! They can top out up to 250-300 feet. Their diameter is a mere 30 feet! They are amazing. In fact, in many of the pictures, the lighting is poor because they tower over you and shade most of the ground below.

Yes, this is a stump of a tree that they are standing on. At one time I counted ten people standing up there with room to spare!

Despite being hungry and tired, all the kids loved getting out in the cool mountain air and running around. Those little kiddo's did a mile and a half hike.




Evan got a little boost from daddy while he read his trail map

Evan found a "little" stump to climb and stand on... he even did a little dance!

I do not think there was much more fun to be had with a hollowed out tree trunk. They had so much fun running in and out and hollering and hearing their echo.









4 comments:
Wow! You guys take some great vacations!! I love all of your pictures - what a beautiful place. Looks like you all had a great time...
Those pictures are all sorts of awesome!
That is amazing! Who would of thought going to see a bunch of trees would be so much fun! Wow!
What great pictures! The place looked really cool and I am sure the kids had a blast. :)
Post a Comment