Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Magical Forrest




We headed out for a little family night to the Magical Forrest. It is an annual display that is put together to benefit Opportunity Viallage. It is a fun little village that is set up in the heart of Las Vegas and is so fun to go to. It really gets the holiday spirit flowing!






The kids love it and it is a great cause! I love seeing the eyes wide open and mouths agape at all the wonders that this place holds. Despite the crowds, the kids waited patiently to ride the "choo-choo" and the merry-go-round.












Norah was so proud to ride all by herself!


They got to see a fire truck and meet real firemen. ("Meet" is a strong word. Take a candy cane and mumble "thank you" is more like it.) Norah got to stand inside a real ambulance which was thrilling for her. The displays were fun and gave a feast for the eyes. Evan got to touch a polar bear and they were both in awe of Frosty.
(The sang the song the whole way home.)






 All the while, we got to share the fun with great friends.
 (That kept the adults entertained)

        



4 comments:

craftyashley said...

Norah is the cutest thing EVER! That coat she's got is awesome, too!

Mindy said...

Soo cute!!! I love to take the kids to places like that. It's sooo. . . ummmm. . . Magical and forresty. Your family looks sooo beautiful!!!

The Thelins said...

Love the pictures. Love Norah's coat. Love the Magical Forest- what a GREAT tradition! PS- I cannot believe we took a picture right under the HoHoHo- 3 of us, 3 Ho's- someone should have warned us! I was cracking up when I realized what you meant. Whoops.

EmaLee said...

Looks like so much fun! Norah looks so much older. I'm itching to come up to Vegas soon. It's been too long and I need my Karin fix! :) Miss you.