Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Cold Shoulder

The Mr. and I went away for an adults only weekend to enjoy some fun with friends and each other. The kids got to have a sleepover at Gram and Papa's. Norah was beside herself with anticipation. Evan just goes along with the flow. We got reports that both were having a ball and doing well. We got home and went to pick them up. I walked in the door and Evan was right there. I said, "Hi Bug!!!" He stared at me and I was just thinking that in his mind he was thinking, "Wow, she did come back! My mommy... center of my world and all that is good!" Instead, he glanced over to Jason and reached those chubby arms up and said, "Daddy!" He gave him hugs and kisses and refused hugs and kisses to the one who grew him, nursed him, cares for him everyday of her life (until she abandoned him for two whole nights!) Hmph!

It took several hours before he thawed out. Unbelievable! :-)

5 comments:

Bart and Kellie said...

Hilarious! You better not leave him again! Ha!

Shannon said...

LOL! Typical male....

Glad to hear he finally thawed for you. :)

Maria said...

Oh, that sounds all too familiar! Every time Mr. Shelton and I go away for an adults only vacation, we come home to my (just turned) 3 year old giving me a dirty look and wanting nothing to do with me - but wanting everything to do with Daddy! I am thinking he does this to get back at me for leaving him. :) Kids.. they are smart!

Tricia said...

It means he couldn't live without you and shut down to survive!!! I'm glad he warmed up to his super cool mommy. We had a blast this week-end!

EmaLee said...

All too familiar for me too! He knows you will ALWAYS be there for him so he likes to test the limits. :) That's my theory anyway.