Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My Son, The Hulk!

Ironically, Evan woke up in his Hulk colored Pj's.
How can such a little, sweet face do such destruction? My little mild-mannered boy always has a glimmer in his eye as to what move is next. Sometimes, it is just a glimmer. Other times, it is mischief. This morning, Evan was just tooling around the kitchen as I scrambled eggs and made toast. He loves to play in the cabinets- which the ones that can do no harm have no locks. A little freedom was my theory. Little did I know that he really wanted to play with the cabinet itself. After a crash, bang... which I thought was just a pot... I looked to see MY CABINET DOOR HAD BEEN BROKEN IN HALF! Apparently, Evan did not realize that the door did not bend that way!

Oy, vey...



See cute face? Don't be deceived- he is The Destructor!

The destruction

I guess not having a cabinet door cuts out a step

5 comments:

Chet and Kristina Cox said...

Jason must be between laughing hysterically because how cute that little boy is with that broken door and completely upset for the new remodel Evan decided to do:)

Tricia said...

What a stinker!!! I can't believe he was strong enough to do that. Little boys are so crazy? Evan is usually so calm! I hope Jason took the news ok.

craftyashley said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry about your cabinets! How sad... but a really funny story!

KB said...

I am still waiting for Jason to find the humor in this... I told him I am going to call his mom and see what she can remember off hand that he broke. :-)

SUZANNE said...

Oh snap! No pun intended. I hope Bic can fix it up nice! I'm quite confident though in his skills, I've seen his mean molding atop a cabinet, so hopefully this will be a breeze for him. I feel bad for your door though!!!