There used to be a baby girl in my house. I swear it was not that long ago... but now she is not this little tiny baby. If you ask her, she is not a baby or a little girl- she is a big girl. Sniff, sniff...
I turn around and my little, baby girl is going to be a Sunbeam tomorrow! (For those of you not in the know- it is their first class at church that isn't nursery... they go in the year they turn four) This morning there was a breakfast that introduced the kids to their new teachers. We talked it up for over the last week. She was very excited for her "special sunbeams breakfast." It all changed when she woke up 15 minutes before we had to leave. "No, mom. I don't want a special breakfast!" They were also told to wear their PJ's and my OCD child refused with a loud and unnecessary protest. Great... When she went into nursery it went very poorly for about 4 months and I started sweating at the flashbacks that were popping up in my head. So, my little clingerton stayed very close as we went into the church and into the primary room. It did not matter that her buddy Rylan was there or Jackson chose her as a "goose" during duck, duck goose. Grumpy, she chose to be!
It did start to turn around when Mommy got to choose a goose. (her) She actually chased me (although, in dog mode- her defense mechanism when she is shy or nervous) Then the moment came that changed the day in an instant: Chocolate Chip Pancakes! She then let loose. Played with Jackson, held Sister Miranda's hand while they looked for Jackson and carried on a little when it was time to leave. (Yes, she loves Jackson) On the way home she told me, "Mommy, Sunbeams is going to be fun." I am still going to wear extra, strength deodorant tomorrow just in case we have a flashback.
Norah and her favorite friend, Rylan (Norah, still reluctant to smile)
Norah, Rylan, Jackson, & Indy
Four of the Somerset Ward Sunbeams
(and a smile and semi-closed eye pic- that's my girl)

5 comments:
What a big step she is making! I hope they don't assign her a talk her 2nd week like they did Shane last year! I'm so proud of her. Good luck tomorrow I'll be seeing you in sharing time as I know Mr. Shane won't let me go!
Look at our girls! I can't believe they are so BIG! When Rylan was born, I remember thinking "She will never go into nursery, that is so far away!" And now they are sunbeams. Wow!! Life unfairly goes by so fast!!
Logan is really excited to have his nursery kids in Sunbeams- I hope all goes well too. :)
She seemed to do just fine today -- she'll be a trooper! Isn't it crazy how fast they grow?
Oh, my goodness I can't believe how cute that little girl is. They get soo big soo fast especially when they leave nursery. My last,Zach, is getting so big so fast and I've finally started to enjoy every minute. Next she'll be asking about the birds and the bees, now that is scary. ENJOY!
Post a Comment