I think everyday for about the last two months, Norah asks, "Mommy, is it going to rain today?" Being that we live in Las Vegas, you can only guess what my answer is. "No, I don't think so." Then she will say, "Maybe tomorrow!" We'll tomorrow has finally come! We made a quick trip into the store and when we cam out, the rain was coming down. So, I plopped Norah into the cart and we ran to the car. On our way to the car, a loud rumbling thunder sounded. First, I had to check to make sure I did not wet myself and then by the look on Norah's face, I had to check her pants, too! Evan just laughed as we raced to the car. Norah kept telling Evan, "Look at the rain, buddy!" When we got home we went out on the patio to watch the rain fill the pool and dance on the ground. After the rain settled down a bit, I gave in to her request for an umbrella. She stayed out on the patio for about a half hour. (keep in mind, the rain cools it down 20+ degrees) She was singing about the rain cleaning the trees and cleaning the rocks. Oh, how I wished I had a tape recorder! Here is Norah dancing and singing in the rain with her umbrella.



4 comments:
So adorable -- what a cutie! If it could only rain more often . . . I was loving the thundering and lightning as well.
Where was I when that happened?!?! Was that today? I guess we went to Green Valley and missed it! I do have to say I LOVE pictures playing in the rain. Norah is just a cutie!
How cute. She looks so much like I remember you looking. I don't necessarily remember from memory as much as from pictures. ANd from earlier pictures of her I'm glad to see that not only did you and I have trouble growing hair in our first couple years but we very thoughtfully passed that trait on to our little girls!!! Well my first two didn't have much of a problem but I think my poor two-year-old may never get hair. Nora looks like she finally has so I guess I have hope.
Okay, can I just say that these photos just may be among my Norah Bean favorites? I especially love the top one...the colors are so soft and beautiful in these! Keep up the great work KB!
Post a Comment