If you read "Birth of a Blog" to the right, you will see how this all started. This is one of those "updates" that I send out monthly. So, I am cheating and just pasting what I already did!
Evan 9 Months
It is amazing that I am already writing about Evan's ninth month! I cannot believe how fast the time goes. At Evan's nine month check, he was 19.5 pounds 28 inches and growing! He was a little ham for the Dr. He waved bye-bye and "talked" her ear off. When he wants your attention he will yell out, "Ahhh!" and will keep going until you acknowledge him. As the Dr. was talking to me, he would yell out, she would talk to him and then as soon as she started talking to me again, he would yell again.
The poor little guy has been battling with FOUR teeth coming in at once. Finally 2 broke through and the next two are not far behind. Of course the last one will be the front tooth, so he may be a jack o' lantern for a little while. :-)
Evan has mastered the cup. He loves to drink from his very own cup and will keep busy at it for quite awhile. In fact, he will start drinking and not realize he is standing unsupported. He loves to eat on his own, too. If I am feeding hi, he will grab the spoon. It is chaos. The only one he will completely sit still for is Norah, but you can only imagine what a mess that is. She loves doing it, so I try to indulge her. Speaking of standing unsupported- It is just a matter of time before Evan walks. We cruised around in a walker like nobody's business. At first, he could only go backwards, but now he hustles all around and tries to chase Norah. The only thing that slows him down is when he gets stuck under the table.
As far as Norah goes, she is a sassy and independent 3 year old. Whew, some days she wears me out. :-) She is totally a bug lover. Except for spiders, "they make me nervous" is what she says. She has these finger puppet bugs and she will play literally for hours with them. She will line them all up on the table and announce, "ladies and gentlemen... boys and girls!" Then she proceeds to whatever she is going to show them. Quite a character!
Take care all!
Love,
Karin, Jason, Norah, and Evan
The poor little guy has been battling with FOUR teeth coming in at once. Finally 2 broke through and the next two are not far behind. Of course the last one will be the front tooth, so he may be a jack o' lantern for a little while. :-)
Evan has mastered the cup. He loves to drink from his very own cup and will keep busy at it for quite awhile. In fact, he will start drinking and not realize he is standing unsupported. He loves to eat on his own, too. If I am feeding hi, he will grab the spoon. It is chaos. The only one he will completely sit still for is Norah, but you can only imagine what a mess that is. She loves doing it, so I try to indulge her. Speaking of standing unsupported- It is just a matter of time before Evan walks. We cruised around in a walker like nobody's business. At first, he could only go backwards, but now he hustles all around and tries to chase Norah. The only thing that slows him down is when he gets stuck under the table.
As far as Norah goes, she is a sassy and independent 3 year old. Whew, some days she wears me out. :-) She is totally a bug lover. Except for spiders, "they make me nervous" is what she says. She has these finger puppet bugs and she will play literally for hours with them. She will line them all up on the table and announce, "ladies and gentlemen... boys and girls!" Then she proceeds to whatever she is going to show them. Quite a character!
Take care all!
Love,
Karin, Jason, Norah, and Evan




5 comments:
What a cutie Evan is! He is such a happy and calm baby. I would love to see pictures of Norah feeding Evan!
What a great way to update the family and friends. I know that we haven't seen each other in awhile but I am happy to see that you are doing well and you have a little boy to go with the cute little girl you have.
Don't they grow up too fast?
So cute! I wish my Colby only weighed 19 lbs. He is a moose! Evan and Norah are but so beautiful!
I can't believe he is already 9 months old! Where does the time go? Can't wait for the first year celebration...and I'm relieved to know that Jeff's bday weekend won't coincide with his like mine and the Bean's does! :)
Post a Comment