Sunday, July 20, 2008

10 reasons for 10 years...





It was just another Thursday and when Jason came home he had the most beautiful bouquet of flowers of me. We had agreed that our anniversary gift was our cruise to Alaska and we would celebrate then, but he threw me a curve ball. I felt kind of cheap with only a card and his favorite cookies. So, with our our 10 year anniversary in the forefront of my mind, I got to thinking about the past 10 years; how quick they have gone by, how happy they have been and all those fond memories. This post is dedicated to my sweetheart and 10 reasons why I love him...

10) He is the best dad to our children. He never wants to discipline the kids. It may drive me crazy, but it is endearing that he loves them so much that he never wants to bust them.
9) He has wonderful creativity and drive.
8) He knows every button and which one to push and the right moment. A little annoying, but he knows every little thing about me.
7) He has a generous spirit -even though he has a tight wallet :)
6) Even in the biggest fight, he can diffuse it with a stupid or funny comment.
5) He gets me- craziness and all.
4) He loves my family
3) My heart still jumps when he holds my hand
2) His sense of humor and the ability to make me laugh- even at the most inappropriate things or inappropriate times.
1)Because he is mine, for better, for worse- forever!


Oh, how young! 10 years ago at the San Diego Temple!

4 comments:

SUZANNE said...

Happy Anniversary to two crazy cats in love...and one of our favorite couples!

LehiLeavitts said...

Happy Anni! We are finally getting into the world of blogging, and am just now reading yours. We can't believe how fast time goes by! Congrats and have fun.

Pike's Place said...

Congrats! I can't wait to hear about your pending cruise -- sounds so fun!

Gina said...

Karin - By way of introduction, my name is Jamie Adams. I served with Jason in the Montreal mission (forever ago). I did manage to make one trip out to California with Jason and another companion of ours back in 95(ish). He can tell you about the craziness of that trip ;)

I have really enjoyed reading through your blog. Especially point number (2) above... about laughing at Jason when he says inappropriate things at the most inappopriate times and places. I did not know him too well... but I know him well enough to know that this is the case. Furthermore, my poor wife would likely say the VERY SAME THING about me. Congrats on the 10 years.

You must be a SAINT to make it 10 years with Elder Baker! (His comps were glad for transfer day.... ) HA HA!