Bailey Montgomery Baker if you want to be formal.
We just call him by one of his many nicknames, to which he answers to all. TT, T Rider, CC Rider, Shmeeks, Apestoso, Tons of Fun, Soapy, Sometimes, Taco, BayRee... to name few.
Bailey was our second born. Zeus, The Kitty of the Gods, was our number one. We were living a quiet existence in San Diego when Jason decided he wanted a puppy. Not just any puppy, a Pug puppy. I was less than thrilled because I knew that I would inherit the brunt of the responsibilities. Jason did his research and found a 7 week old Pug up for adoption and he jumped on it.
Let me tell you a little about Bailey. He has the sweetest disposition. He loves to be loved. In fact, he will sniff out the person in the room that likes him the least and plop himself at their feet. If my dad was over, there he sat at his feet. Dare I say he even won my ol' Dad's heart over? His head turns when you talk to him and listens intently to what you have to say. Bailey loves to ride shotgun when he gets to go for car rides. His favorite place was either in your lap or on the console. It is a riot to watch him leeeeean into the turns. He loves kids. When I had Norah, I never worried a bit that there would be trouble. There was never a growl, a snip or anything... he would just stand watch over his babies. Bailey tends to be a little, shall we say, portly. His parents were both unusually large Pugs and he inherited those traits for him. This makes Bailey a sucker for food. He will sit, shake, high five, or roll over for any morsel of food. I bet we could even get him to do the Cha Cha if it meant a treat. With the portliness comes laziness. His snores could wake the dead... company stops to listen to these unreal noises coming from him. When he was allowed to sleep with us, I awoke to these obnoxious sounds thinking I was going to roll over and scold Jason. When I turned over, there was Bailey on his back and square in the middle of my pillow sawing logs.
Shortly after we moved to Las Vegas, we decided to get a canine brother for Bailey. We contacted the Pug Rescue and along came Bentley. (Yes, there was a furry fist pump from the cat)
About a week after I had Colin, I was up for a late night feeding. I was just about to go back to sleep and Bentley started barking. I drifted off to sleep thinking he saw a shadow or something. About an hour or so later, Jason and I both came to and heard Bentley still barking and barking. Jason got up and went down to see what was going on. There he found Bentley standing vigil over his brother who had just gone to sleep. Our hearts bled with grief because his untimely passing was a complete surprise. He crossed that Rainbow Bridge peacefully and quietly. So goodbye, sweet Bailey, there will be no other like you.






2 comments:
Oh, I am soo sorry about all the stuff that is happening in your family all at the same time. I know that is tough for you guys. What a great pooch! Your family is amazing! I'm sure that member of the family will be waiting for you guys in the next life. <3
OH CC Ryder, you even have a special spot in my heart. I will forever remember watching The Bachelor with your mommy and siblings. You will be missed.
Love you KB! Hope your week is turning around. We're cheering for you guys!
Post a Comment