Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Here Kitty, Kitty!

My brother married the greastest girl, ever! I love my sister-in-law. She is caring, thoughtful and the most fun! She is so good that she got Norah the birthday gift we were going to get her. She found a smokin' deal and snatched it up- nice! That left us wondering what we would get Norah for her birthday. I have been pondering the perfect gift for a few weeks now and nothing seemed to stand out in my mind. Today, Jason called and asked if his favorite three people wanted to meet him for a lunch date. We happily oblidged! After lunch, we decided to paruse the Target toy section to see if there was something Norah could not live without. Before entering the store we had a little convo:

We are just looking. We are not buying anything today!
Nothing?
Nothing. Mommy and Daddy just want to get some ideas for the perfect birthday gift.
Perfect birthday gift?
Back to me... we are not buying anything. Got it?
Got it!
We walked through the aisles of toys and she definately found many things she could not live without, but stuck to the rules and did not ask for anything. We came across a stuffed kitty that she was intrigued by. Missing all blaring, flashing, bright warning signs; we told her she could carry it until we left. Our window shopping contined and I did not pay close attention to the bond that was forming between child and stuffed kitty. It was time to leave and the struggle began. We finally took the kitty, threw it on a random shelf (sorry Target employees) and marched out with a quietly sobbing little girl. (Mind you, Norah is not the tantrum girl. We can usually reason with her and have had limited public incidents. Today was a quiet tantrum, but a tantrum at that)
Once in the car Norah continued to quietly cry about the abadoned kitty.

Mommy, I want the kitty today.
Norah, I told you we were not buying anything today.
Please, mommy! No on will love it. (ouch, that was a heart string)
Oh, they will love it. Maybe we will buy it for your birthday. It is only 4 days away! Mommy and Daddy will go back to the store and get it for your birthday later.
Someone else will buy it and it will be gone.
I will call the store (wink, wink) and tell them to hold it for us, OK?
sigh...

So, I pretty much promised her this stupid cat for her birthday thinking that it is a little toy that is under ten dollars. I would use it as a gift topper! Perfect! I got on the Target website- OF COURSE, it is the $23.99 Webkinz kitty. Fantastic!

2 comments:

Julie said...

You can go next door to Justice and see if they have Norah's precious kitty. There Webkins are cheeper.:)
good luck!

Tricia said...

So cute! I need to know what the birthday girls wants too!!