Saturday, February 7, 2009

A Girl's Best Friend

A very long time ago, there was a little girl who loved her cat. Eddie Money was his name and he was the best cat on the Earth! She inherited him when her sister went to college and her less-than-thrilled father reluctantly let him stay. Now, this was no ordinary cat... he was "Wonder-Cat." He would catch birds in flight, chase dogs from the front yard and literally used all of his nine lives. Later in his life, a couple of accidents lead to a crooked tail (no joke, like an 'L') and one ear permanently flopped down so he looked like a one eared cat. Despite his lively nature, he was the sweetest and most patient cat. That little girl dressed him in doll clothes, pushed him in a stroller and even fed him baby bottles of milk. (yes, that is the reason he stuck around) Even when the little girl was not so little, he was still her companion. When she was melancholy over the drama of the teen years, he would nudge her to cuddle as if to let her know he was always there. Eddie lived for 17 long years and then the little girl's mom had to make that so painful call and tell her now married daughter (who would have taken the cat with her if he wasn't so stuck in is ways) that her beloved Eddie was gone. She wept...

I tell this little story because Zeus, "Kitty of the Gods," succeeded Eddie and is that same sweet natured cat that Eddie was. There is also another little girl who loves her cat. Zeus has become Norah's best friend and she loves him with all her heart. (sometimes to much- as in, "Norah, leave poor Zeus alone" or "We don't hug cats around their necks." Everything she does revolves around where Zeus is, or what Zeus is doing. She loves to carry him around like a forklift


He likes to help eat her lunch, do crafts and checks in for her nap everyday

and patiently lets her "mother" him. Such a good sport!

Enter: Whitey White (Zeus' savior)



I don't think that Whitey White has been properly introduced. Santa brought Norah a FurReal cat for Christmas and much to Zeus' delight... Whitey White travels with us, goes to stores with us, dines with us, and even accompanied her to the dentist. We get a lot of stares because she looks so real. Now, I am not just saying this, but I swear I saw a little paw pump and heard Zeus utter, "Yes!" when Whitey White appeared. For now, he is off the hook!

6 comments:

Mindy said...

Oh my goodness, what a sweet post! I loved that picture of you when you were a tiny lady. What a cute relationship your little one has with her kitty. I loved the pictures.

Bart and Kellie said...

I cannot believe how much Norah looks just like you! That is amazing! What a great idea, we got little pet lovies for Christmas too, but its because our Daddy won't let the boys have a pet. So far they've realized that its just not the same! What a cutie!

Tricia said...

Love it! That is a classic picture of you and your kitty. I love Whitey White too. I cannot believe how real she is! Norah is such a sweet girl to all her animals!

SUZANNE said...

For a half sec. I thought that was a real kitty! Tu-tu cute I might add!

Jefa said...

I've always loved that picture of you and Eddie. Both of you look so intact ... well, maybe except for the missing front tooth.

I'm glad to see that the "kitty" gene has been passed on. (Now what's that saying about apples?)

craftyashley said...

I totally agree- Norah looks JUST LIKE you! Wow!