
Oh, so many years ago I wanted to be a modern, independent woman. Always going down the road I wanted, not what was expected. I just did not want to be conventional... stereotypical...forgettable... I was woman- hear me roar!
"meow."
Did I lose my identity? No, I think I just came to accept it. I find my peace with my family, love at home and all that jazz. I wish so many years ago I would have taken Home Ec and not Business in high school. I wish I would have listened to my mom teach all that I resisted.
This leads me to my new found love.

Karin+Sewing= LOVE
Sewing is such a lost art. It is so much easier and less time consuming to go purchase something adorable, but it so so much more gratifying to do it yourself. I took up knitting several years back and I love that creative process. While perusing etsy.com, I realized some of the stuff that was for sale was something I was sure I could do. (Not to sell, just to do) That is when I sucked it up and asked my mom (who for years tried and tried to teach her steal headed child this art) for help. So, it is not a work of art that will live in the Smithsonian, but it is my first work of art. Feeble, but mine!

10 comments:
Great job Karin! I also have recently found out how much fun it is to sew. I have only made a small little bag and some place mats so far, but I really enjoy it! I can't wait to see future posts of the things you make... :)
Very cute! What an accomplishment!
It looks so cute! Good job
I agree, sewing is so much fun! I have a book sitting in front of me that has a ton of fun patterns in it - can't wait to get my sewing machine out! Enjoy sewing cute things for Ms. Norah!
turned out super cute! I am always on the hunt for a good sewing project.
Wow! I've always wanted to be able to sew... perhaps when I've got all the other "hobbies" I've tucked away in the spare room done. LOL
Wow - I am impressed that you have found the time to take up sewing! I for one, am a terrible sewer - can't even resew a button on or anything. My grandma is great at it and also great at knitting and things... Maybe I will have her teach me a thing or two... you have inspired me. :)
Karin that is so darling! It will be even more cute seeing it on Norah! I love sewing!!! You are lucky to have the master of sewing to teach you.
Tricia is right on the money... you have one of the best in the West as your tutor.
And from one independent woman to another (yes, you are), the way I got my head wrapped around the whole notion of sewing and actually enjoying it was to take the utilitarian approach... my favorite sewing projects were a huge banner for a football game and a sleeping bag. Kind of like Ms. MacGyver.
SEW cute! Great minds think alike...I just sewed (is that the proper verb usage?) my first little project since 7th grade. It was pretty fun! I can't wait to talk shop on this little hobby as well!
Post a Comment