Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Sadness...


Thank goodness for this blog- I really need and outlet right now. I know I should be posting about this joyful and wonderful season, but instead I am sitting here devastated and in a heaping mess of tears. Words just cannot express my utter heartbreak at this moment. While this season should be a time a joy, right now our family is grieving. We are grieving for my cousin, Traci, and her family. (http://lewieville.blogspot.com/) The child that they adopted and have loved for over a year is being turned back to his father. It is a tragic and heartbreaking situation. I can say that I am stunned at the faith and strength that they are putting forth. I could not imagine the grief and pain that they are going through. It is so hard for me to understand how things like this happen, but I do have faith that the Lord has a reason for everything. If there is a time to pray for a miracle, please pray for them now. I know it may not help them keep Colby, but I do know that it will bring comfort to them, their family and especially dear, little Colby.

7 comments:

Tricia said...

Oh Karin, that is so heartbreaking! I'm sorry. Tears fill my eyes as I think of poor little Colby. Your cousin and her family will be in my prayers.

Pike's Place said...

That is so, so sad! I will keep your family in my prayers.

Bart and Kellie said...

I can't even imagine how devastated they are (and your family). I read through her whole blog and it was heartbreaking to read it (even backwards, because I started now and went back) and see the hope and prayers begged for knowing what the outcome was! I looked at his birthday ticker and he's just two days older than Carter. I can't imagine, I'm sitting her bawling, and Jacks wants to know why... What a brave mom.

EmaLee said...

I'm so, so sorry. I can't even imagine what they are feeling and going through. I also read through her blog and I wish there were any words of comfort that I could even think to write. We will keep them and little Colby in our prayers. I'm so sorry Karin.

Lewieville said...

Karen,

thank you so much for your support and prayers. We really need them right now.

Traci

craftyashley said...

I am so sorry! These things are happening too often- the government trying to keep children with parents that are unfit.
My heart goes out to your family!

Dani said...

This same thing happened to my sister in law and their 2 girls. It was very hard. It hurts everyone. But through Christ we can all feel love, and you have to have faith. It will all be o.k. We will also pray for them, and Colby.