Saturday, April 21, 2012

Kindergarten Graduation

**still catching up

I think when I dropped Norah off for her first day of kindergarten, I dropped off a little piece of my heart. I sent her off into the big, wide world. The consolation prize to my heart was that she was made for school. She loved it and thrived. Not only did she grow academically, she became a confident, wise little girl. After the first month or so, I asked her teacher how she was doing socially. She said that Norah is the little teacher and mother of the group. She would finish up her work and help those around her to get their work done. My fears that she would be sitting by herself on the playground were set at ease and I knew that she would do what she always does... amaze me. She was student of the month for her class, student of the month for the school in her grade level, she was in the top learning group, and always received glowing reports. She even won the heart of the other kindergarten teacher. We sat and watched her kindergarten graduation with pride and a tear in our eyes. They sang, "What a Wonderful World" and I wept. I also thought, indeed this world is wonderful with my girl in it!


Performing

 


Receiving her diploma
 (the little stinker moved too fast to get a decent pic)


A quick picture with the principal


Little Kinder BFF Secrets!


Such cute girls!

Dad & Grad

My girl & I

The coveted graduation roses

Norah and her fantastic teacher

A sweet lei from her sweet friend!

1 comment:

S said...

ohhh! We just love Norah! She is a beautiful girl and such a sweetheart!