Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year


2011 wasn't even half way over and a friend told me, "2011 just needs to be over for you!" I couldn't agree more. Colin had his plethora of problems, my grandma passed away, while I was in town for her funeral my other grandma was in the hospital, my beloved dog passed away unexpectedly, a dear friend was fighting the battle of her life and life was just slipping through my fingers. Yes, 2011 was not our year.

Then I got to thinking about 2011...

A month before I had Colin, an amazing company came looking for Jason. They made an offer he couldn't refuse and he changed jobs. While the change was overwhelming and a bit of a pain, it provided better insurance and better opportunities. In light of all of Colin's issues, a true blessing.

I gave birth to an amazing baby. He joined two incredibly wonderful and beautiful siblings. There is no amount of anything that could beat that. My three kiddos are priceless and bring the most joy of anything. True blessings!

New friends and old friends have rallied around our family. I have created lifelong bonds and strengthened others. The family of friends that we have been so fortunate to surround ourselves with is the best. Go ahead, pat yourself on the back-you know who you are!

My parents. I am so blessed to have both of my parents so close both physically and emotionally. They are my support system. I could not ask for better friends, grandparents to my children and better in-laws to my husband. When things are rough, who doesn't want their mom or dad?  Lucky me, I get them!

My husband. He is my pillar of strength, my laughter, my lifeline.

So when I really examine it, 2011 has not been so bad. I have everything I need and more.

Here's to a quieter 2012!

2 comments:

EmaLee said...

Every time I see a picture of sweet little Norah Bean I'm amazed at how fast she is growing up! Loved this post. :)

Mr & Mrs Leo & the 4 Little T's said...

Love this! Your gorgeous kids are growing too fast...