Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Melancholy
Today I am a bit melancholy...
Amidst all the drama that has gone on with this pregnancy over the last few months, the end is finally drawing near. I have been so stressed and worried that the pure joy and excitement has taken a back seat. I began to think about how much I cannot wait to have this tiny baby in my arms and be able to cuddle this tiny little boy. Then, I started thinking about my big "babies." I remember when I had Evan, my biggest worry was Norah. How was she going to feel? She wasn't the baby anymore. She was going to look huge! I remember cradling Evan as she walked into the hospital room and tears poured down my face as my big girl walked in. Now, my baby boy is no longer going to be my baby boy. He is going to be big brother, big boy extraordinaire! Norah is going to be the oldest and wisest and gone are the days of even trying to wish her back to baby-dome. If I could tell my big "babies" anything right now, I will tell them how much I have cherished every moment that I have had with them. Even though we are growing as a family, they each have a role in this family that cannot be replaced. The love will only increase with the addition of their new baby brother and we will be complete as a family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
ah, such a sweet post! soo excited for your family!
LOVE you! I had to do a double take...I thought for a half second you had the baby!! Best wishes on your big day. We are here if we can do anything to help. PS-how cute are those big babies of yours?!?!
I cannot believe how big your big babies are! So precious.
Post a Comment