Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Hello Kitty!


Grandma and Norah spend a lot of time doing projects together. Norah will ask her to draw the basic shape of something and then Norah will fill in the details. The latest project has been Grandma drawing Hello Kitty and Norah drawing or filling in the details. (Please note the glued on jewels) They make a great team!

This picture was carried around wherever she went. She came into me and was SO proud to show me what she wrote on the picture. I had to look for a minute to realize what she wrote: C-I-T-E... think about it. Yes, that spells "kitty" to a five year old! I was so proud that she used her budding reading skills to sound out and word and then write it. What a girl!

5 comments:

Pike's Place said...

Very impressed! Someone's ready for kindergarten . . . .

Maria said...

Cute! I love it when the kids color and use their imagination to make things. It is fun to see what they come up with, isn't it? :)

craftyashley said...

That is certainly a better way to spell kitty. I like it!

Kelsi {John, Jake, Georgia, Naomi, Alice} said...

she's one creative gal. i love it!

EmaLee said...

That is so cool! These moments are so precious!