Friday, April 10, 2009

Rancho Relax-O!

Here is a little insight into the crazies you know as the Bakers. We have many a nicknames, code words, or ridiculous sayings or names in our home. This strange and sometimes inappropriate humor is true proof that Jason and I are true soul mates. Here is the example of the day (which will lead to to a semi-entertaining story): If you are going to relax or take it easy it is called "rancho relax-o." We have since shortened to to simply "rancho." I will use it in a sentence or two so you can get the gist:
**"Ahhh, vacation at last. Time for a little "rancho relax-o!"
**"I am going to go sit by the pool and "rancho."
**"What are you doing?" - "Sitting on the couch, watching tv, getting some
"rancho."

We cannot take full credit for this hideous term. When Jason was working as a concierge in San Diego, he had a exuberant guest that would come in and always declare that it was time for,

"RRRAAANCHO RRREEEELAAAAX-OOOOOOOO!"

It is so idiotic that it will guarantee to make you smile. Try it, I dare ya! (Make sure to roll your r's.) See, I bet you you have a smirk on your face. Anyhow, back to my point. Yesterday, the kids were meandering in and out of the house and backyard. They were playing nicely and quietly while I did the dishes. Pretty soon, I hollered to Norah to find out what Evan was up to. She replied, "He's relax-o in the chair." I went to see that he was indeed, "rancho relax-o!"


6 comments:

Maria said...

Too cute! I love that little saying - Rancho Relaxo... I think I may have to adopt that. :) We have all kinds of silly nicknames and saying around our house as well. It makes things fun, doesn't it?

craftyashley said...

Hehe! Saying that does make you giggle! I'm hoping to get some Rrrancho Rrrrelax-o in tonight!

Kerry said...

Evan is too cute! This post made me laugh out loud - you Baker's and all your names! :) So cute for Norah to catch on too!

Tricia said...

Love it! I am in love with how you and Jason always have the GREATEST nicknames for everyONE and everyTHING! Evan is the cutest as he rancho relaxo's!

Mindy said...

That is great, it reminds me of steve and courtney and the way they had nick names of little sayings like crank-o-defranko. How are they doing? Do they have a blog or are they on FB?

SUZANNE said...

If that's not a total Baker story, I don't know what is! Love it!!! The special Baker lingo and vocab is like no other. Keep those cute kiddo stories a coming....UMMMMMMMMM GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!