Sunday, October 12, 2008

Alaska: Part One- The Ship

I know, I know... this has been a long time coming. Even Jason has been pestering me. It was such a daunting task to sort through 600+ pictures, decide which to post, (which I still cannot even decide) but I think I am ready to start. Norah was so excited to get on the "big airplane." She got her "Fofa" doll (yes that is the name- ever seen Yo Gaba Gaba?) and kept telling us that Fofa would help her not be scared. I was stressing about Evan flying for the first time. He got a cold about three days before we left and I just had these visions of a screaming child, ear drums exploding and whatever else could go wrong.







Whew, no need to worry. Norah watched a movie and Evan had a blast with the Emergency card.

We flew into Seattle and stayed with some great friends, the Steinmans, who picked us up, put us up, entertained our kids, and dropped us off. That is friendship! Not to mention, we had a great time with them. It was a whirlwind getting to the ship. We checked in, boarded, ate lunch, and got settled into our cabin. Within minutes, both the kids were zonked out.
They missed us pulling out of port and the views of a beautiful Seattle day. I am sure they were sad...


Jason, Chris & Mike Setting Sail!


The Star Princess was a beautiful ship. The staff were all wonderful to our kids. They would stop in their tracks to say hello or even reach out and hold them. We had a great Maitr' D, Karoly, that adored Evan. He would come over and read his book to him. He said that is was a good way to practice his English. Our waiter loved Norah and made her origami frogs that jumped. Each night he would bring her more, ranging in every size possible. She loved him! (Unfortunately, we did not get a chance to get a picture with Evan and his buddy.)


They also had a great kids program. Norah got her face painted like a butterfly and was fascinated by the glitter on her face.

















Even with all the activities and play stuff, they still had the most fun on the balcony!



So, speaking of dining... They have the best food! Us Bakers, have no problem admitting that! That is probably the best part of the ship- besides the company of course!


Evan, Jason, Norah, Mom, & Dad enjoying lunch!


Formal Night: Mike, Chris, Mom, Dad, Steve, Wendy, Norah


Evan waiting for his strawberries that were brought to him every meal as per his request!



Dapper Gents, Jason & Mike

Two Lovely Ladies, Wendy & Norah


Norah was absolutely, in love with her cousin Wendy that joined us on the trip. She just wanted to be with her all the time. "Where is Wendy?" "Is Wendy sleeping?" "Is Wendy coming?" "Come wif' us Wendy!" Thanks to my Wanda (a.k.a. Wendy) for being such a good sport and hanging with my kid. She still talks about Wendy and asks when we can go visit her on the ship. (She thinks that she lives on the ship)














Wendy and Norah hanging out in the room

3 comments:

Pike's Place said...

You give me hope that someday I might be able to take the kids cruising. Fun times for the Bakers!

Tricia said...

Yeah, looks like good times. I love how cute the little ones even look on formal night!

craftyashley said...

Wow, so you can travel with young children! I'm totally signing up for a cruise now!
...and yo gabba gabba is the hands down oddest show I've ever seen... but the kids love it.