Thursday, September 25, 2008

Ladybugs, Mantis' & Frogs, OH MY!

My little dainty princess loves anything creepy and crawly! (Except spiders which she will tell that they make her "nervous") If there is a bug or otherwise to be found, Miss Norah will find it. One morning she was out with Jason in the backyard and she came in for a glass of water. I noticed something on her face and upon closer inspection- there was a ladybug on her face! We start looking and it and letting it crawl in her hand and Evan walks over with a Ladybug book.
No lie!


Ladybug


Close-up view of the ladybug

Brilliant Evan! :-)

When we were in Seattle, there were frogs a plenty in our friends yard. Norah went nuts for the "Baby, Speckled, Flying Frogs. They have three boys, so frogs were not a abnormal thing in their house. She carried them, kissed them (no prince?) and loved them with all her heart. When it was time to go, she cried and cried because the frog was not allowed on the ship. We promised that Jennifer and the kids would take care of her frog. The whole cruise she kept asking us if Jennifer was taking care of her frog. Thanks to our wonderful waiter who made her origami frogs that jumped and even bought her rubber frogs! (That kept her entertained during meals).



Baby, Speckled, Flying Frog



Pet the Froggie!



Norah and her new friend, Laslo



Origami Flying Frog (before it landed in Alphabet Soup)


Back at home, Norah spotted something in the tree... She ran to Jason to show him. Sure enough, there was a praying mantis in the tree just hanging out. Mind you, she was helping while dressed in jammies and princess dress-up shoes. Clop, clop, clop... she came to show me her new discovery. I had a very difficult time spotting it- I have no idea how on earth she ever found it. She was so excited about the "Mantis" that she told everyone that she met up with for the next 3 days.


Standing on a rock to get a closer look! (Note the yellow princess shoes)


"Right there, Mommy!"



Mr. Mantis


Maybe they just find her. For a mom that is not crazy about those little creatures, it drives me a little nutty. But she is so sweet and loves these little buggies to death (sometimes that is unintentionally literal)

3 comments:

Pike's Place said...

I think you have a future entymologist on your hands!

Tricia said...

That is so cute! How does she find so many bugs! I have not seen one bug since the spring. I guess I should go outside and maybe we could find some!

Crazy Teels said...

SO fun!! She looks like such an explorer! And I don't mind a cousin at my door for the fall colors. Although here in Idaho fall doesn't last long enough. Snow soon follows!!!! Yuck!!