Monday, August 18, 2008

Evan 10 months



Where has the year gone? My sweet little baby boy is almost a year old. I am already getting into 1st birthday party planning mode. Yesterday at church, I had more than one person comment on how fast Evan has grown up! They, too, wondered where the year has gone. It just goes by way too quickly.

Speaking of quickly, Evan is starting to walk. He has taken several steps, but realizes crawling is much faster. More often than not, he will stand there unsupported while he inspects something or watches his sister. He take a step or two and then its back to crawling. Norah loves to help him try and walk. She will take him by the hands and walk with him. Sometimes, she gets moving too fast and he just follows her on his knees! She loves to watch him try and take steps and cheers him on, "big-a-boy!" I have a sneaking suspicion that by the next email, he will be off and running. (well, walking at least)

Evan is my little buddy. He likes to be around whatever I may be doing. He will sit at my feet while I work on the computer, play in my bathroom drawers while I get ready, help unload the dishwasher while I am loading it... you get the point. All the while, he chats up a storm in his little baby babble. We are pretty sure we have heard "dog" which suspiciously sounds a lot like "da" but it is consistent when he sees the dogs. We have heard, "kitty" and "na na" is still around when he sees Norah.

We got to visit the Baker family this past month. We went for the annual reunion and also Adam's baptism. Norah had a ball playing with her cousins at Grandma and Grandpa's. Elizabeth (or "Lizabif" as Norah says) took to Norah and was just the best little friend to her. (babysitter to us!) Norah adored her and just loved having her to play with. Aunt Denise and Logan helped in her endless search for bugs. Grandpa made a bug house out of a jar and we got to bring Palmdale Rolly Pollies all the way home to Las Vegas. Adam let Norah play with his Nerf Gun. I think she had more fun cheering him on. At one point we heard her say, "Horaaaay, my pirate!" I have no idea where she gets this stuff...

Have a wonderful rest of the summer!

One Step At A Time...

Mommy's Little Helper

Evan Helps (Make A Mess!)

Norah's Purple Flower

Just Hanging Out

Norah & Elizabeth (& the bug house)

Norah & Aunt Denise Look For Bugs

2 comments:

Pike's Place said...

Your kids are so adorable! I love the pics.

Bad Mama & Papa said...

I can't wait until Evan tries to eat Norah's bugs. Maybe gummy bugs would be better. Don't you just love the excitement when your kids learn about new things?